We often talk about the big events in life such as:
- Being born;
- Getting married;
- First house;
- Starting a business;
- Retiring from the business; and
- Distributing wealth.
That is an incomplete list.
We can help you with the ones many people learn about later such as:
- Keeping the tax payable manageable; and
- Keeping assets protected from tax when big events happen. Especially ones not on the list:
- The sudden death of a business partner;
- A downturn in the business;
- What is the impact of a “will” on your taxes?
- What is the impact of a “shareholders agreement” on your taxes?
These conversations are often “whiteboard” planning “brainstorming” conversations. Exploring your values and objectives is extremely useful.
Reach out and we can start the conversation.