Essential service restrictions and good health sense are have made a meeting in-person tougher over the past few months and moving forward. What does this mean for working with Gilmour Group CPAs and taxation?
Travel restrictions and government restrictions on public gatherings make getting together face to face harder. Also, when someone is in self-isolation or full-on quarantine, face-to-face meetings are impossible.
At Gilmour Group we have several electronic solutions:
- Electronic signatures and drafts by secure electronic secured document transfer – we call it ESIGN. If we need to review a draft document with you, it can come by ESIGN. Then a phone call to discuss it can be arranged. When we have agreed on a final version it can also come by ESIGN. This is encrypted and password-protected.
- Secure upload and download of working papers. We have a Client Portal in place, many of you already use it to transfer documents. Please click here to be transferred to our login page. then you can upload or download documents. If you don’t have your account settings or need to reset the password, please email us at admin [at] gilmour [dot] ca. This is a direct computer-to-computer transfer that does not go on email servers.
- Sending our staff home when they need to self-isolate. We all have worked remotely from time to time over the past few months. Some of us work remotely most of the time. Bet you didn’t know that! Our email and computers are on a secure VPN portal back to the office. This means that although we leave the office your data actually doesn’t leave the secured office.
- Conference calling. We have a conference call-in service. If we need to set up a call, Sarah will contact you and provide the call-in number and password. Then we can have a multiple party call. The system easily handles up to ten callers on the same call at the same time.
- Email and phone messages. We, of course, always have old fashioned email and regular phones available.
- Video conference. If you want to see what is going on, we can arrange a video conference using Zoom. We like using service as we are able to share our screen which makes meetings more interactive.
- Getting appointments. If you want a teleconference or video conference, please call us or email us first: 604-888-4200 or admin [at] gilmour [dot] ca
- Office hours. We have a drop box for clients who would like to send us paper documents. It is available during our office hours of 9am to 3 pm from Monday to Thursday, and Friday 9 am to 1 pm. These will remain our office hours until further notice. To be clear, we are not holding appointments at our office for the immediate future.
- Out of office appointments. We will be offering out of office appointments where it is necessary and these will be scheduled towards the end of the day. This would involve proper social distancing and subsequent cleansing. You may see us wearing our new custom face mask with our logo!
We are familiar with electronic tools that can make this trying time of quarantines and disease control more workable. Contact us below to set up the electronic services that suit you.